Corn Silage is the best solution to ensure Higher Quality and more milk from your animals year round.
What is Corn Silage?
- Corn silage is popular forage for ruminant animals. It is formed by a process of anaerobic fermentation.
- Corn Silage is high in energy and digestibility
- Corn Silage is easily adapted to mechanization from the stand-crop to the time of feeding.
- Corn silage is made by harvesting crop at 30-38% DM
- The chopped crop is compressed and packed in a bale/bag
- Fermentation happens, leading to formation of acetic acid and lactic acid
- Fermentation continues for 3 weeks, creating a nutritious and high energy feed for livestock